Off Season Lacrosse Schedule from Coach Auday
Greetings Coyote Nation,
I hope everyone is as excited to get back on the lax field as a team as I am. Hoping that you and your families had a great summer and spent some time together. Below is our training schedule for the 2015-2016 school year. This is a great time to set goals and make things happen. For example, all spots are open on the varsity, we have plenty of room for new and returning players to make a statement this year. First a few thoughts on our philosophy:
For those of you that play fall sports our coaches support this and want you to have a great season. In fact, I attend many of the area football games to support our Coyote Lax Players. Men have a great season, we will see you when your sport ends.
Lax is the creators game! We need to honor the best game on the planet and get better. Our coaches and players feel that if you are NOT out for a sport it is imperative you commit to the team to get BETTER. “Players are made in the off-season.” So if you are not out for a sport we are excited to see you come August 20.
Goals for 2015 off season
- Work hard and get better.
- Attend open throws and buy in to the program.
- Set goals and attain them.
- Get bigger stronger and faster. We will be lifting at times during open throw and will do some weight training instruction to insure you are doing things correctly. For incoming freshman, we will show you some technique in the weight room if needed. No worries.
- We are a family and treat other players with the highest dignity. We don’t care where your home school is, we just want to build an atmosphere of positivity, respect, and hard work.
- We want to pack the house and get over 60 players at least to every open throw.
This year a FIRST. WE ARE ENTERING TWO TEAMS INTO THE FALL ELITE DLC (Denver Lacrosse Club) LEAGUE. ONE PLAYING IN THE VARSITY AND ONE IN THE SUB VARSITY. THIS IS WHY WE ARE STARTING EARLY. WE HAVE TO MEET THIS GOAL AND PLAY THE BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE. THIS IS WHY WE PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE. ALSO, WE HAVE SET A COACHES GOAL OF FINISHING IN THE FINAL FOUR THIS YEAR IN THIS LEAGUE. WE WILL HAVE 20-25 PLAYERS PER TEAM. AGAIN, WE HAVE TO FIELD TWO TEAMS, A COYOTE FIRST, TO ENSURE ALL PLAYERS HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE. The DLC league is every Saturday for 6-7 weeks and a chance to play the best teams in the state.
- Tryouts will begin at camp on August 20th and run through August 20 21 22 25 26 27. This is a six day evaluation period, don’t miss any of this. Regardless of playing in the DLC League and making one of these teams, open throw is for ALL COYOTES! We give everyone a Free opportunity to get better. Open throws are NO cost, playing in the leagues have a sign-up fee per team but not much at all.
- Last years team was two goals away from the final four in the entire state. I have spoken to many players this summer and we all know we could have won against Regis with more face off wins. Speaking of which we need a face off specialist to step UP. All of our coaches feel we can be special this year, LETS GET SOME RINGS NOW!
- (Week 1) August 20, 21, 22nd: Coyote Camp Free to all players. Due to construction at Monarch High we will have camp at the Superior Williams Turf on Coalton Road under the lights. We are under the lights and late to BOND as a team. This is a great way to break in the first day of school as minimal or NO homework will be assigned on Thursday the 20th. Camp is from 7:30-9:30 pm, but please arrive at 7:15 pm on day one.
- (Week 2) August 25, 26, 27th: Until we can see if we can consistently get the turf at night our second week of open throw will be at 5:30-7:00 pm.
- Open throw will run beginning August 20th and continue thru the end of October again trying to get some time on turf so stay tuned on a possible time change. If no turf we will practice from 5:30-7.00 pm, Tuesdays Wednesday and Thursdays.
- DLC Fall League: Starts September 12: We need two teams in this. This league runs usually for seven weeks. Games are by the DTC Center in Denver.
- Farmer Fall Festival: Formerly the Pumpkin Shootout. This will be at Wheat Ridge High School. We are entering the two teams that play in the DLC League. October 24th and 25th.
- Second Semester: Pre season workouts will start January 6th and 7th and every Wednesday and Thursday following from 7:30-9:00 pm, on turf, weather permitting, or inside. Practice times are based on availability and flexibility due to b ball and wrestling being in season.
Yotes: Please plan ahead and clear your schedules.
If you have any qu
estions contact Coach Auday at firstname.lastname@example.org